June 20, 2011

Stylin': 1970's Glam

It's been a while since I've done one of my Decades "Stylin'" posts.  I had previously gone through the 40's, 50's, and 60's, so now I'm on to the 70's.

Many an image comes to mind when I think of the styles of the 70's--including some really lame Halloween costumes!  However, I like to look at the glamor and elegance of Diana Ross, Bianca Jagger and Lauren Hutton, to name a few style icons of the decade.  Imagine going dancing (and being able to get in!) to Studio 54 and hanging out with Andy Warhol and Mick Jagger.  So here's my nod to the style splendor that made up the 1970's.

Diana Ross.  (Photo)  Arguably one of the most influential performers and artists of the decade.  Here she is in a Bob Mackie creation.

Lauren Hutton. (Photo)  She called herself the girl next door, but her humility added to her glamor.

Bianca Jagger. (Photo)  Brazilian Beauty.  Mick Jagger's wife.  At least for a moment in time.

Jerry Hall.  (Photo)  Texas Beauty.  Mick Jagger's wife.  At least for another moment in time.

 Beverly Johnson.  (Photo)  One of the first Super Models.

Yves Saint Laurant with his muse, Catherine Deneuve.  (Photo)  French Elegance.

And here's a little outfit I threw together.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

We are surrounded by beauty, artistry and creativity. Sometimes we need to shift our focus ever so slightly to open up to the world of fascination. I hope this helps you on your road to re-enchantment.

Followers