July 3, 2011

Industrial Evolution

Don't get me wrong.  I find endless inspiration in the beauty and majesty of nature.  However, sometimes the shapes, color, and massive scale of industrial machinery creates it's own particular beauty.

I recently took a ferry to Catalina Island off the coast of Los Angeles.  Leaving out of the port of San Pedro, I passed the cranes and storage containers that are a vital part of industry and trade.  I was amazed at the scale and surprised by the color palette.  I also appreciated the juxtaposition of the beauty of the ocean and palm trees along with these metal shapes.  Taking the ferry home in the late afternoon, I took these pictures in that "golden hour" of light that Southern California does so well.





























Happy July 4th!


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

We are surrounded by beauty, artistry and creativity. Sometimes we need to shift our focus ever so slightly to open up to the world of fascination. I hope this helps you on your road to re-enchantment.

Followers