October 17, 2010

Adult Beverage of the Month (A.B.O.M.): The Classic Bloody Mary

There's nothing like a Bloody for a Sunday afternoon brunch.  Since this is both my birthday month and my anniversary--with plenty of celebrating--I thought this the perfect time to start off with my Bloody series.  There are so many variations of this drink, between the types of liquor to use and the many different combinations of ingredients.  However, I'm starting off here with the Classic.  The measurements are all to your personal taste.

The 2 main ingredients: vodka and tomato juice.  I like to use Stoli's regular, but the lemon or pepper flavored vodkas work as well.

Pour a shot of vodka into a highball glass filled with ice.
Fill glass with tomato juice.

Now come the fun ingredients.

Add a dash each of celery salt, ground black pepper and Tabasco sauce.
Add 2-4 dashes of Worcestershire sauce.
Add 1/8 tsp. pure prepared horseradish.
Squeeze of lime.

Shake it up or stir it lazily.

You can be classic (celery) or creative (shrimp) with your garnishes.  These are some additional ideas. I like to use Tomolives--small green pickled tomatoes.

Cool cocktail napkins always add to your drinking pleasure.

Ahhhh.  Sit back, relax, read a book, or chat with friends.  Enjoy!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

We are surrounded by beauty, artistry and creativity. Sometimes we need to shift our focus ever so slightly to open up to the world of fascination. I hope this helps you on your road to re-enchantment.

Followers