July 10, 2012

My Fan Art Project for Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends

To celebrate Cartoon Network's 20th anniversary, I had the opportunity to participate in an art show--creating a piece of fan art based on a Cartoon Network show.  I chose Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends.

Foster's is a whimsical, character rich show about a home where imaginary friends go to when they are no longer needed--or believed in.  It is funny and sweet and has colorful, creative characters.

I decided to use my love of fashion and photography as inspiration to create couture interpretations of 3 of my favorite characters.  For logistical reasons (and because I didn't have 3 supermodel friends on hand--not to mention studio space to create the set), I designed the fashions for dolls.  Here is my vision for Bloo, Eduardo, and Coco.


The Characters

These are the characters from the show.  My muses are: Coco on the far left, Bloo right next to her, and Eduardo, the big purple guy with horns and the skull belt in the middle.

The Designs

My concept sketches and fabric swatches.

The Models

You'll be seeing more of these girls.  I already have another photo shoot with them.

The Artwork

I titled it "House of Foster's: Eduardo, Bloo, and Coco Couture".


There will be an exhibition (curated by Mark Murphy) of all the artwork created for this show at the Jett Gallery in San Diego this week during Comic Con.  Come by if you're in town!


1 comment:

About Me

We are surrounded by beauty, artistry and creativity. Sometimes we need to shift our focus ever so slightly to open up to the world of fascination. I hope this helps you on your road to re-enchantment.

Followers