May 31, 2010

Re-cut Vintage Tee: Led Zeppelin (Best Rock Band Ever)

Last week I posted pictures I took of the Rose Bowl Flea Market.  I had bought some vintage tees and said I would re-cut them and post what I've made.  I started with a tee from my favorite rock band, Led Zeppelin.  I'll show how I created the shirt and then put an outfit together.

These are the tees that I bought.
 
The before shot.   Don't worry, I'll take good care of you.
 
I folded the shirt in half and cut a V for the neckline.  Then I cut the side seams off at the sleeve seams.
 
Ok, so I had made a mistake when I cut the V for the front and had it folded so the back also cut a V.  So, I improvised--I cut a seam in the back to shorten the V and make the top more fitted.
 
I cut one shoulder more narrow than the other and angled the bottom hem for an asymmetrical affect.  Then I simply sewed the shoulder seams and side seams together.  To finish it off I hemmed the raw edges by turning them and using a Z stitch.  The imperfections keep the rocker-look (that's my story and I'm sticking to it).
 
I found this great lace at Mood Fabrics in LA to add to the edges.
 
I sewed the lace to the edges and here is my finished product.
 
Here is an outfit I styled for my shirt.  I just bought a pair of JBrand skinny cargos that I just love and I can't wait to wear my shirt with it.  I also included Modcloth shoes, Numero 10 bag, vintage  fedora by Gumby Girl and Judy Lee vintage bracelet by Archive Vintage.

3 comments:

  1. This is an awesome shirt and finished outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE everything wish I was there to hang and go to the flea market with you we could have dragged Lois kicking and screaming cause she hates to shop!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls! Tracy, I would LOVE to go to the flea market with you! You'll have to come back soon.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

We are surrounded by beauty, artistry and creativity. Sometimes we need to shift our focus ever so slightly to open up to the world of fascination. I hope this helps you on your road to re-enchantment.

Followers