February 5, 2011

Ice Ice Baby


In honor of all those who are suffering through a brutal winter (as I am shamefully enjoying sunny and mid 70'sº SoCal temps), here's to celebrating ice in it's many forms.

They may be a drag when your car is buried in them, or you're stuck on a runway, but snowflakes and ice make up some of natures most beautiful images.
  
The patterns they create are infinitesimal. 
   

And of course we know that no 2 snowflakes are the same.  Their repeating patterns create diverse and unique shapes. 
 


 Don't make me go all fractal on you...
  

Now we're talking ice I can understand and appreciate! 
  

Harry Winston has his own version of fractals... 
  

And who can resist the classic Tiffany diamonds.
   

Some nice chandeliers to hang from your ears. 
  

Diamonds and Rollies, for a special kind of ostentation. 
  

On a less pretentious level and a special place in my heart, this was my mom's tennis bracelet. 
  

Even more special was her wedding ring.  I remember my father giving this to her for Chrstmas after their 13th wedding anniversary. 
  

Well, I hope that warmed you guys up!  Just think of natures beautiful fractals and expensive diamonds the next time the snow starts to fall! 
  
(As always, I like to give credit where credit is due.  All photos that are not mine have links--in purple--to the sites where I found them.  If you ever notice a mistake or credit I have missed please contact me to let me know.  Thanks!)

1 comment:

  1. I was fine until mom's ring.....you got me going again....oh bother (as pooh would say...)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

We are surrounded by beauty, artistry and creativity. Sometimes we need to shift our focus ever so slightly to open up to the world of fascination. I hope this helps you on your road to re-enchantment.

Followers