May 10, 2011

Adult Beverage of the Month: The Brown Derby

It's about time I get back to posting my A.B.O.M. (Adult Beverage of the Month) series.  Since it's Derby Season, I thought this a perfect opportunity for the Brown Derby--and I love me a good bourbon.  It's an old-school classic, but I'm going to take partial credit if you start seeing this emerge as a trend.  When we go out in L.A. to restaurants we order this drink.  We usually have to tell the waitress or "mixologist" how to make it, but they seem to enjoy coming up with their interpretations.  Let's see if it takes off.
 
Ingredients

Bourbon (my favorite is Basil Hayden)
Grapefruit
Honey

Honey--to make it easier to blend with in the drink, mix about a tablespoon of honey with a tablespoon of water.

Grapefruit--squeeze into bowl

Fill a shaker with ice.
Add:
1 part bourbon
1/2 part grapefruit juice
1/4 part honey water (more or less to desirable sweetness)


Shake vigorously and pour into a Martini glass.


Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

We are surrounded by beauty, artistry and creativity. Sometimes we need to shift our focus ever so slightly to open up to the world of fascination. I hope this helps you on your road to re-enchantment.

Followers