May 8, 2011

Mom's Orchids

It's my first Mother's Day without my mom.  She had a beautiful orchid collection and I would usually add to that for her Mother's Day gift.  When I visited her for Easter last year many of them were blooming.  I took these pictures.  When I was at the house in Florida last week 2 of these plants are still there and were filled with blooms.  I like to think it was Mom showing me her love.



Matty posing with the orchids.  She is enjoying life at my brother's house now along with her mother.


 Beautiful even with their brown spots.

 

 Her other cat, Marky, is hiding amongst the flowers.  He is now our kitty.  He matches the 2 we already have.



Going through my mother's things last weekend, I found a card I had written to her for Mother's Day when I was living abroad in Venezuela.  It was the first time I had been away from her for so long and I wrote a long letter from the heart.  I realized how lucky I was to be from such a loving family.  I included words to the chorus of a song they were playing:

Madre--la mejor amiga
Madre--la mejor mujer

Mother--the best friend
Morhter--the best woman.

Happy Mother's Day.


4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you took these photos last Easter! Love the one of our Matty! It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice....made me cry!
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!
    Loved this page.
    Genny

    ReplyDelete

About Me

We are surrounded by beauty, artistry and creativity. Sometimes we need to shift our focus ever so slightly to open up to the world of fascination. I hope this helps you on your road to re-enchantment.

Followers