May 31, 2011

CA Roadtrips: Cambria

In April Kato and I took a little weekend road trip up the coast to Cambria, CA.  We drove up the Pacific Coast Highway about 4 hours North of LA.  Cambria is at about the halfway point between LA and San Francisco, along the Central Coast.  The beauty of California with it's varied landscapes never ceases to amaze me--driving 2 hours North of LA will be completely different than driving 2 hours East into the desert.

On Friday we took the long way up the coast for a leisurely drive.  We got to Cambria and took a walk up the coast along the boardwalk.

Perhaps not the best coast for a leisurely dip in warm water, but it's photogenic.

Sweet older couple out for a stroll.  This could be Kato and me in 20 years....OK, maybe 10....OK, maybe not.

We took a drive over to the Paso Robles wine country and did a wine tasting.  The vineyard had this Hummingbird feeder that was quite popular with the locals.

Back in the town of Cambria there were plenty of quaint, colorful shops.

Shops that brought their special kind of small-town quirkiness...

...and their own version of storytelling.

Ummmm....


 This shop had all kinds of interesting rocks, many with organically sculpted shapes.  That will be it's own post as I took plenty of pictures.


 No,no,no, thank YOU for the love.

 Apparently Cambria's totally filled with love.

Our hotel was on Moonstone beach, which is not only known for it's beach glass (I only found 2 tiny pieces in the short time I was looking) but also for it's drift wood.  There were people there collecting pieces--one couple was discussing the artwork they could make from it.

 I wonder what stories these trees could have told.

 We only had a long weekend and there was plenty we didn't get to (like Hearst Castle which is a trip in itself), but I'm sure we'll be back.



2 comments:

  1. Okay - This is so up my alley. Thank you for sharing. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant to say:

    Okay, I'm on my way!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

We are surrounded by beauty, artistry and creativity. Sometimes we need to shift our focus ever so slightly to open up to the world of fascination. I hope this helps you on your road to re-enchantment.

Followers