January 8, 2012

The "George Clooney" AKA: Nespresso Machine

I was so excited to get my Nespresso machine this week--or as I affectionately call it, the "George Clooney" (He endorses it--even more reason to love him).  A friend made me a cappuccino from her Nespresso machine and it was love at first try.  After spending almost 2 weeks in Italy, I knew my old coffee maker just wasn't gonna cut it anymore.  I devised this plan to make sure my husband had lots of good espresso and cappuccino while in Italy, then I made him some intentionally really bad coffee when we returned in hope he would get the hint and buy me the machine.  It took a while, but it worked!  :)

Not only is it a beautiful piece, it is so intuitively and efficiently designed.  Making espresso takes about 20 seconds and cappuccino about a minute.  Super easy and clean-up is a breeze.

Shiny, pretty--and Ferrari red.  This is the model that also has a milk steamer/frother.


Self Portrait.

The colorful coffee capsules.

Alessi espresso glass and creamer.  We were given a set for our wedding in 1993--it's almost vintage!

I can just smell it!

An afternoon shot.

Or if you prefer a capuccino, froth the milk.

Wake up and smell the cappuccino.

Ok, so I have yet to master the pretty designs you can make with the milk--gotta go to barista school!


2 comments:

  1. Love it! Did you know you can take used capsules to Sur La Table at The Grove to be recycled?

    Happy New Year to you and hubby,

    Maja (and Rick)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful. that machine sure is a looker!
    I love the way the gear is all modern and clean and then you get to the final cup which is all girlie and grannie. tee-hee.

    ps: love your new header!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

We are surrounded by beauty, artistry and creativity. Sometimes we need to shift our focus ever so slightly to open up to the world of fascination. I hope this helps you on your road to re-enchantment.

Followers