January 16, 2012

Golden Globes Red Carpet

I'm a sucker for awards season red carpet watching.  I look forward to being a couch critic for the next couple of months.

So, here's my top ten as well as some honorable mentions.  Feel free to leave your comments on your favorites/least favorites or your own honorable mentions.

All pictures from Style.com

Best-Dressed Countdown

10. Sarah Michelle Geller in Monique Lhuillier

Seriously bold choice.  I'm a print and pattern person, so I love the hand-dyed affect.

9.  Freida Pinto in Prada

The beautiful Freida.  I saw a close-up of the fabric and it is gorgeous.  I love the belt detail, simple cut, and then there's that incredible necklace by Chopard.

8. Morena Baccarin in Georges Chakra

Queen V.  Loved her in Firefly too....The contrasting side panel takes the beautiful black dress to the next level.

7.  Rooney Mara in Nina Ricci

Love the edginess she brings in her ensemble.

6. Nicole Kidman in Versace

Always a stunner.  Her fiery hair matches her metal detailing.

5.  Zooey Deschanel in Prada

She has such a unique style.  The dress is beautiful enough, but the not-exactly-matching green clutch makes it interesting.

4.  Angelina Jolie in Atelier Versace

She would have been higher on my list if a.) I actually liked her or b.) her skeletal frame didn't make her look about 50 (she's 36!).  That said, this dress is breathtaking, not to mention her fashion accessory holding her hand (her clutch is nice, too).

3.  Tilda Swinton in Haider Ackermann

Tilda is one of those amazing style icons and risk takers.  This risk paid off.

2.  Evan Rachel Wood in Gucci Premiere

I wasn't blown away by this dress until I saw the detail--scales that go into feathers.

1.  Charlize Theron in Dior

Goddess....


And now, for the honorable mentions....

The "Kick-Ass Eagle Belt" Award

Emma Stone in Lanvan....I want one.


The "I May Be Full Of Myself and My Face Doesn't Move But I Can Sure Rock This Dress" Award

Madonna in Reem Acra and Andrea Riseborough in Vivienne Westwood (my fave!).  A little wink and a nod to her 80's days with the glove and the cross.

The "Stunning Laser Cut Detail" Award

Dianna Agron in Giles.  This would have made my best-dressed, but I didn't love the skirt layers.

The "Eff Nude--I'm Going Bold and Owning it" Award

Paula Patton in Monique Lhuillier.  I love all the nude colors too, but this was colorful and refreshing.

The "My Favorite Body Part is My Heart" Award

Such a great answer to a stupid question asked by a ditsy reporter.

The "Watch Out Don Draper" Award

So suave....And perhaps the best line of the night:  "I'm Sorry...I'm French".  I look forward to seeing you in a few more awards shows....

The "I Dyed My Hair To Match My Dress"  AKA the "Worst-Dressed" Award

Kelly Osbourne in Zac Posen.  I love Zac, but I don't like the shoulders and her hair really ruins it.

See you at the Oscars!


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

We are surrounded by beauty, artistry and creativity. Sometimes we need to shift our focus ever so slightly to open up to the world of fascination. I hope this helps you on your road to re-enchantment.

Followers