September 26, 2010

Artist Series: Dale Chihuly Glass Sculptures

Everyone who has been to the Bellagio in Las Vegas has probably seen the spectacular glass sculpture ceiling by Dale Chihuly.  The first I had heard of him, my husband was working for an architect that used one of his "chandeliers" in Claridge's Hotel in London.  I was intrigued and amazed by the movement, color and composition of these imaganitive works of art.  He has many different themes, but I have chosen just a few.
  
 This has multiple themes with his tower, reeds and floats.

My personal favorites are his chandeliers.  They're so dramatic.


This is at the Victoria and Albert museum in London.

I love the juxtaposition between the modern glass sculpture and the old building.

His Reeds series.

I'd love to have this in my garden.

These are his Niijima Floats.

I love how he works his sculptures into nature.

This is his Ikebana floral arrangement series.

A fantastical garden.

A ceiling installation from his Persian series.

The artist by one of his glass tower sculptures.  All photos are from Chihuly's website.  Since this is only a small fraction of what he does, it is definitely inspiring to explore his site and read about him.


1 comment:

  1. LOVE Chihuly! I went to one of his exhibits at Fairchild Tropical Botanical Garden in Coral Gables a few years ago. See link for pics. Incredible work. Click each category on the left in the link and it will take you thru a serious of spectacular art.

    http://www.chihuly.com/installations/fairchild/index.html

    ReplyDelete

About Me

We are surrounded by beauty, artistry and creativity. Sometimes we need to shift our focus ever so slightly to open up to the world of fascination. I hope this helps you on your road to re-enchantment.

Followers