September 6, 2010

LA Stories: Rose Bowl Flea Market, the Collectors

So far I've shown pictures from the Rose Bowl Flea Market of the Bizarre Bazaar, and the Pretty Things.  This post is of the Collectors.  I don't mean rare, expensive items (sorry, I don't know enough about that kind of collecting).  I mean collecting a bunch of one item.  Even the most mundane objects, when grouped together can create a visual impact.  And some things are just creepy.  Happy Labor Day!

I can just imagine what a treasure chest inside a Spanish galleon looks like.

Nice choice of fabric color to enhance these beautiful turquoise rings and bracelets.  I like the random crucifix thrown in.

I don't even want to know what that circular thing is.  I used this photo to create a McQueen-esque print.

I'll keep it in my thought bubble. 

It's a tin farm.

I guess if you can't untangle it, you can buy the whole thing.

Random groups of objects.

For my golf friends.

Can't leave out the AV geeks.

Mmmm, beer.  I don't actually know if they were for sale, but not sure why people would buy empty beer cans.  It looks like a party, though.

Gives new meaning to "buying some time".  I need that like nobodies business.

There's a slightly sinister look to this.

There are a few other flea markets I need to check out here in LA.  One is really close to me on Fairfax and Melrose, the other is at Dodger Stadium (giving the Rose Bowl a run for it's money).  Any others I should go to?


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

We are surrounded by beauty, artistry and creativity. Sometimes we need to shift our focus ever so slightly to open up to the world of fascination. I hope this helps you on your road to re-enchantment.

Followers