August 26, 2010

McQueen's Inspiration: Prints

I will forever be inspired by Alexander McQueen, even though he is no longer with us.  Having spent years designing textile prints, I appreciate his innovation and daring.  With the advances in technology and emergence of digital printing, there are no limits now to creativity.  I was playing around in Photoshop creating a background for another project, when I started having too much fun cropping my existing photos and mirroring them horizontally and vertically.  Here's what I came up with.  Many of these photos I have already used in my posts.
 
Flowers

Feathers

Jewels

Tools

Fabric

Graffiti

Black and White Graffiti

Orchids

Jaguar
This one is probably the most McQueen-esque.
 
I plan on exploring this further in another post and getting more creative with the layouts.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

We are surrounded by beauty, artistry and creativity. Sometimes we need to shift our focus ever so slightly to open up to the world of fascination. I hope this helps you on your road to re-enchantment.

Followers