August 29, 2010

BADD Baby

I created a line of baby shirts back around 2003 called BADD Baby (Babies Against Dirty Diapers).  This was before I knew anything about the production, sales, and licensing of designs.  Or let's just say long before I knew how to make any money from it.  I thought I could ride on my idealism and they would magically be sold without me having to get them out there and learn about the cold, hard world of sales.  In other words, I have an endless supply of great baby shower gifts!  They were picked up in a few boutiques in NYC and featured in New York magazine and the style section of the New York Post.  I had so much fun designing them and really learned about the process of having my own business.


 The "Logo" shirt.

The Lotus.  One of my best sellers.

Sista.  Always a conversation starter.

Brotha.

Baby Buddha.

Baby Buddha came in a variety of styles.

Peace-Out.  The Iraq war had recently started, so this was my way of sending some love out to the world.

Hamsa.  This is a Middle East symbol for protection.  In a mother/daughter version.

BADD.  I was inspired by the Juicy Couture "Juicy" sweatpants.  We all know babies are Bad-asses at heart.
  
This was a promotional postcard I sent out (Thanks Jim and Janet Duff--and of course Aiden for providing the right attitude!!).
So, I had to put together a little outfit for the boys: BADD Brotha tank, BADD sweats, DC skate shoes, fedora (naturally), and Skull Hoodie.

Not to be left out, an outfit for the girls: BADD Lotus tank layered with L/S tee, Juicy Couture jacket, shirred Bermuda shorts, Gremlin plush backpack, and, my favorite, baby Ugg's (or, as I like to refer to them: b'Uggs).

Cute!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

We are surrounded by beauty, artistry and creativity. Sometimes we need to shift our focus ever so slightly to open up to the world of fascination. I hope this helps you on your road to re-enchantment.

Followers