August 9, 2010

Swap Party

About twice a year my friend, Jane, organizes a "Swap Party" for the girls.  Basically, you bring a bunch of clothes/shoes/accessories that you no longer wear (but are in good condition) and see if anybody else wants them.  If more than one person wants the same thing, you try it on and the rest take a vote for who looks best in the outfit.  To have a successful swap you need the following:
 
  Food.  Naturally.  Everybody brings a dish based on the theme.  This swap's theme was "Americana".

Champagne!  Everybody brings a bottle.

Bags of your unwanted possessions.

A lovely and witty host and some girl friends (that's Jane--the host--on the left and Jainee on the right).

And to leave your inhibitions at home! (And try on those disco pants!)

So, check out some of the goods I came home with:

I nabbed a Betsy Johnson bag, BCBG silk dress (price tag still on), Banana Republic blouse, J. Crew blazer, some scarves, and (my fave!) a couple of vintage blouses, among other things.

One of the vintage pieces.  Goes well with my red hair.  :)

The other vintage piece--very cool 80's blouse.  I wear this with a great beaded belt I got from GumbyGirl.

I got this beautiful teal blouse with handkerchief sleeves.  I wore it out with a grey pencil skirt, but I found this amazing Vivienne Westwood skirt online.   I paired it with gladiator platform heals, gold hoop earrings and necklace--and got lots of compliments!

Thanks, Jane, for a great idea and lots of fun that keeps giving!


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

We are surrounded by beauty, artistry and creativity. Sometimes we need to shift our focus ever so slightly to open up to the world of fascination. I hope this helps you on your road to re-enchantment.

Followers