August 12, 2010

Adult Beverage of the Month (A.B.O.M.): The Aspen


I missed posting an A.B.O.M. for July.  I guess I had too many parties and couldn't focus on one particular drink!  So this is my A.B.O.M. for August: the Aspen.  It is named after my friend Lois who earned the nickname "Aspen" by a Southern friend of ours (you know how they are about nicknames) because she's a "pain in the ass"--but in the most endearing way!  Lois had the idea to add Limoncello to a basic cranberry juice and vodka cocktail--which is actually quite brilliant as the flavor of the Limoncello balances out the bitterness of the cranberry.


The recipe is easy: pour a shot of vodka over ice, add a splash of Limoncello, and fill the rest of the glass with cranberry juice.

Caveat alert!  Aspen and I, along with another friend of ours found out the hard way that the Limoncello gives it an added kick of alcohol (ok, so we may have added more than a splash of Limoncello and there may have been more than a shot of vodka!!)--and the sugar in it makes for a vicious hangover!!

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

We are surrounded by beauty, artistry and creativity. Sometimes we need to shift our focus ever so slightly to open up to the world of fascination. I hope this helps you on your road to re-enchantment.

Followers