June 20, 2010

Dad

This is just the second year that I haven't been able to call my Dad to wish him a Happy Father's Day.  He was a strong, confident man with an enormous heart.  He could fix anything.  He could remember details about vacations up to what he ate in any particular restaurant.  And he would tell every one of those details during long slide shows (usually after Thanksgiving dinners when we were all in Turkey comas!).  He had a great sense of humor and a greater sense of honor.  He could fix anything.  He encouraged, and provided the means for, me to travel widely--saying that "travel is the worst enemy of ignorance and narrow-mindedness".  I inherited his long skinny legs and bony fingers and toes.  He taught me "everything in moderation, including moderation"--which I practice moderately!  He was so very proud of me.  When I would have a bad day he would ask "other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the play?"  I think I mentioned he had a great sense of humor.  And that he could fix anything.

I love this picture of him, tape and all.  I see a lot of myself in him.  I miss him dearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

We are surrounded by beauty, artistry and creativity. Sometimes we need to shift our focus ever so slightly to open up to the world of fascination. I hope this helps you on your road to re-enchantment.

Followers