June 5, 2010

Viva Las Vegas

There's a city that emerges out of the desert whose glow can be seen for many miles before you see the actual lights.  The promise of that glow is the promise of what draws people there: glitz, entertainment and the possibility of great wealth.  For me, I usually go there to work, so I don't appreciate those other promises as much as most visitors.  What I do appreciate is when I open those curtains in the morning and see a mass of neon surrounded by beautiful mountains and the nothingness of rugged desert.

While it may drain my energy being inside of sterile air conditioning for so long, I do appreciate the people watching and all the characters that emerge.  And you gotta love the cocktail waitress outfits!

I'll be back posting when I return and recover.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

We are surrounded by beauty, artistry and creativity. Sometimes we need to shift our focus ever so slightly to open up to the world of fascination. I hope this helps you on your road to re-enchantment.

Followers