November 4, 2010

A Little Art Project: the Fashion Files

One of my favorite blogs I follow, Sea of Shoes, is having an art contest based on the Spring/Summer 2011 runway shows.  I'm sure there are thousands of entries (of which my submissions will probably be lost), but I decided to use that as inspiration to get back into drawing, painting and Photoshopping.
The project was simple--do your own interpretation of your favorite runway looks.  Well, I am a Libra and can never make up my mind--not to mention I was inspired by so many looks--that I chose 4 looks to interpret using different techniques.  I had so much fun!  I just wish I had more time to create all the ideas I got while searching through the beautiful Spring designs.


Designer: K. Aggugini.  I was inspired by the subtle hits of this jaguar print.  I scanned in a sketch I did in marker and then color and shaded her in Photoshop.  I created a jaguar print that I filled in the dress and jaguar--and some hits to the ground.  For the background I used a scanned in image of tea-stained watercolor paper to give it that vintage safari look.
 
Here's what it actually looked like.  Looking at it closely, it's an allover jaguar print that's been dip-dyed.  Gorgeous.

Designer: Dolce & Gabbana.  I loved their all black and all white designs this season so I did one of each.  They always have a sultry Italian Catholic Widow look to their line, that kept the solid blacks and whites from looking too stark. In these next 2 pieces, I wanted to do a positive/negative effect.  For this version I used a monochromatic watered-down acrylic black with hits of gold marker for her necklace, earring, and frame.

Both dressy, and easy, breezy casual.

For the white version from the Dolce & Gabbana line, I wanted to capture the transparency and hits of lace pattern.  This was acrylic, gold marker, and white pencil for the details.

Light and airy.  I would need slightly more coverage.

Designer: Acne.  What inspired me about this look was the stark red on a gray and black runway.  I decided to do a collage.  I painted her in Luma Dyes (black is acrylic), then painted some watercolor paper in ombre shades of gray.  Cut and paste.

I think I even got her walk down.

I think I enjoyed the Luma Dyes the most.  Maybe I'll try finally painting interpretations of the jellyfish I posted previously.


1 comment:

  1. Antonia;
    I am launching a small wardrobe management business and am interested in buying your jaguar-inspired drawing to use in my logo.
    Lindon Rice
    lindonrice@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

About Me

We are surrounded by beauty, artistry and creativity. Sometimes we need to shift our focus ever so slightly to open up to the world of fascination. I hope this helps you on your road to re-enchantment.

Followers