July 26, 2010

Kimchi

I haven't posted much lately as I've been traveling for work (did a stint at Comic Con--and wasn't taken over with the urge to dress like Princess Leia.  Whew.) and now the in-laws are visiting.  We spent the weekend at a Korean family reunion.  Which means we ate a lot of Kimchi.  Kimchi is essentially the national dish of Korea.  Anyone who has ever eaten at a Korean restuarant has had a plate set in front of them.  It's not easy on the Western palette and Korean's are very protective of it.  They are always surprised when this white chick piles it on her plate.  But I love it and believe it enhances many a dish.

There are countless varieties of Kimchi made of any number of vegetables.  The most popular is made of napa cabbage, red pepper and garlic.  Most kimchi is fermented which enhances the health benefits (think probiotics).  I found this recipe and this info on the health benefits.

So, go out and try some delicious Korean food!

I'll try and get my husband to create some Americanized Korean dishes (in other words, easy-to-make) and post them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

We are surrounded by beauty, artistry and creativity. Sometimes we need to shift our focus ever so slightly to open up to the world of fascination. I hope this helps you on your road to re-enchantment.

Followers