July 10, 2010

LA Stories: Melrose Murals part II

When I first started my blog,  I posted some photos of this beautiful mural art (or graffiti?) that is painted on the buildings in an alleyway parallel to Melrose Avenue between Fairfax and La Brea in LA.  Here is my second installment.  If you're ever in the area, you must take a look!

Mad dog.

Close up detail.  I love how they took an irregularity in the wall and made it into a design element.  Maybe that can be a life lesson.

I like the juxtaposition of the No parking sign and the painted, and parked cars.

Even the stairs are painted.

It's like an updated skulls and camo trend.



This is cool, but I also love the face on the black ground to the left.

I see some Wild Things.
 
Imagine.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

We are surrounded by beauty, artistry and creativity. Sometimes we need to shift our focus ever so slightly to open up to the world of fascination. I hope this helps you on your road to re-enchantment.

Followers